Have you ever noticed that most people, when planning their trips, tend to dream about exotic and faraway destinations and forsake all the beauty in our their own backyards?
We all do that, we do that too …
Nevertheless, it’s never to late to rediscover your home country – be it the area surrounding your home, your closest busy big city or quiet nature spot. Small, shorter trips have a lot of advantages:
- It’s easier to travel there – you can take your own car, the train, the bus or even walk, if it’s really close by;
- You are often surprised by what you discover about your own culture and country;
- You can still travel if you are on a tight budget – it’s much cheaper than travelling abroad, you don’t have to worry about accommodation if you can return on the same day or even about meals if you bring your own;
- You take your family and friends with you – (short) road trip!!
- You don’t have to go too far, so you can plan around your working time.